2006-01-19

The Diary of Antti Niemi IV

Antti Niemi har skrivit dagbok igen. Den här gången skriver han bland annat att han har köpt ett nytt hus...

Luck was with me on Saturday

I was very pleased with my debut for Fulham on Saturday, and to beat Newcastle was a great result for us as they are a top team. It was my first match at Craven Cottage so I was a little nervous, but the fans gave me a fantastic reception.

I'd only had three training sessions with the lads before that, but we defended pretty well. I'm sure that we can do even better once we've worked for longer together, but the main thing is we kept a clean sheet and won the three points.

I made a good double save towards the end of the game, but I was a bit lucky with the second one, to be honest. Ian Pearce was a bit in my way, but I managed to stick a hand out and get to the ball. It was one of those saves where sometimes they go in and sometimes you keep them out, and this time I got lucky.

It was a good feeling to be back playing in the Premiership, but don't forget that I left a Premiership club behind. I know Southampton are in the Championship at the moment, but for me it's still a Premiership club. We had good crowds this season, and played some big games in the Championship so it's not that different at Fulham. Obviously, though, when you play against Alan Shearer you know you're back in the top division. He's a great, great player and still doing the business, but thankfully we managed to keep him quiet.

Off the pitch, things are going well too. We've moved so many times over the years that we didn't waste any time looking for somewhere to live. We saw a house, fell in love with it and thankfully our offer has been accepted. Hopefully we'll move in pretty soon.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonym said...

Niemi gjorde en riktigt bra debut, det ska bli kul att följa hans dagbok och hans tid i FFC!

19 januari 2006 kl. 12:16  

Skicka en kommentar

<< Home